1. How did you feel when you arrived at the classroom and learned about your fate?
I felt a bit embarrassed because I had put down the same year I was immigrated by accident, so I was deemed a baby witch. Even though it was a bit funny. I still was very confused and disoriented when walking into the class room because of the teacher talking really fast. I bet a lot of people were very disoriented like I was.
2. What do you think the immigration screening hall was like?
I think that it was very crowded, people pushing, loud noises and very disorienting. The guards being very quick to do their jobs and them being capable at the time (certainly not now) They may have not had enough time to do much and fully check people out, so I wonder how they were sure enough to let people into the country.
3. How do you think people felt upon their arrivals to Ellis Island?
I think that people were confused because of the new language(if from foreign country, which doesn't speak english) and that there was a lot of nervousness because they wouldn't know if they were going to be sent home or be allowed in. I think that some people were also a bit relived that they were getting an escape from their home country. They possibly even thought about how they were going to start their new lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment