Sunday, September 20, 2015

Demographics In My Life

Demographics. It is a subject on which helps the world and people understand on what we can do with our population. It is what matters to a specific person on what they would want to do with the information, I think the relevance of demographics in my life would have good and bad impacts. It may have a big affect on me and I most likely wouldn't notice until I actually thought about it.

Although learning about it would help me in some aspects in life, like when in school to make a population pyramid and talk about the things that you could do with the government and businesses. I could properly draw out and describe what is happening in the cohorts and why the cohort is the size it is, estimate the fertility rate, I can tell what stage that part of the population is in.

Using what I have learnt in class, I can tell just by the shape that this is a developing country and that it has rapid growth, and that it does not have good medical care due to the amount of babies and the lack of the elderly.


Also using what we have studied in class, I can tell that this is a developed country that has negative growth and it has good medical facilities because of the age of death and how many babies are being born.

Later on in life demography would help me with school and debates, for example it would help me understand population or put business ideas referencing the cohorts in the pyramid. Like knowing what products to improve on or what would sell the best.

Demography could help me in my life in some small and big situations. It is good for me to understand and be able to get a reference from the text, to make a population pyramid and do things and pull information from the information given to us by the demographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment