
1) Reflect on how your findings will affect your PERSONAL health practice?
During my research, I have learned tons of information about eating disorders; such as bulimia and anorexia. Throughout this whole project, I decided to use the strategies that I have researched upon helping people struggling with their body image, and applying them to my every day life to help others. Ever since I was younger, my friends were very upset with their bodies. This made me think 'why are they saying those things?'. But I realised they didn't know how to properly love their bodies. So, I decided to apply all my knowledge on ways I could help my friends keep a positive body image, and help them and others by complimenting and when they are in doubt I just reassure them and say they should listen to their body.
What will you do to influence/advocate your ideas to others?
I have had tons of friends who have negative body image, so I would definitely advise them to create a healthy routine. They have probably once thought they weren't skinny enough or pretty because of looking at a celebrities. But that is not the case, only 2% of women on this Earth look like the female celebrities. I would also say to compliment others, it will make you and that person feel better, much like a random act of kindness.
Consider how your peers findings relates to your personal health. List, reflect and explain 3 ideas you were influenced by when reviewing your peers work:
My peers finding related things to my personal health help because I have learned so many ways to either prevent harming myself, or to avoid being unhappy. I was really influenced by the group of people talking about sleep deprivation, and I think that their solutions like 'having my phone off an hour before sleep’ is something I could apply to in my life. Although, I think that Andrey's solution of having nice smells in my room would help the most because there are certain smells that I find relaxing. So that would benefit me the most for my sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment